Shinny, shimmering, sparking, metallic garments are one of the tricky trends this season. How to make them work for you in the real world can be challenging.
Shimmering metallic garments were all over the Spring Summer 2014 runway and wearing them for daytime is super cool. However, there are some tips to make it work.
1. Wear shimmering garments with a total black outfit.
2. You can wear a sparkly mini-dress if you can contrast it with something. In this case Anne Hathaway pulls off the look with confidence and style using her gamine hairstyle for contrast.
3. Wear just silver or gold pumps to follow the shimmering trend.
Shop the magnificent 10 metallic shoes
4. Match gold with white. It look extremely chic.
5. You can wear shimmering garments for day in cities like New York and London.
6. For an evening look a metallic skirt will be all you need for a stylish avant-garde look. Personally, I would match it with black or white. I am loving Emma Watson gold skirt in Vogue.
7. For the evening you can go for a total metallic look as seen at the New York Fashion Week Zimmermann SS14 collection. However, the skirt could be worn with a white top and flats and make a smart lunch date look.
Images- Style.com, Vogue Australia
Get the new metallics
Have a lovely Day!!!
Great inspo, I really like this trend!
News from fashion, tricks for your photos, DIY and more..on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog
υπέροχες φωτογραφίες! τόσο ωραία αξεσουάρ!
Thank you Irene 🙂 🙂 🙂
Nice post ! I do feel that without following certain tips the metallic trend can go wrong and personally I haven’t really thought about trying it, but great tips ! I really love Anne Hathaway’s dress !
It is a tricky one 🙂