As I was searching for evening dress inspiration for the upcoming Spring weddings, I fell upon an interesting article that revealed red carpet celebrity style secrets.
The Los Angeles based stylists shared their evening-wear style secrets, with Racked, explaining how to get on the top of the best dressed lists.
I read them all … Not that I plan to go to the Oscars anytime soon but when attending weddings and formal receptions that involve evening dresses and photo-shoots the same rules apply.
Mediarun made the above chart illustrating all the dresses worn by actresses accepting the Oscar for Best Actress for every year since the Academy Awards began in 1929.
Celebrity Style secrets to Red Carpet Evening Dressing
1. Obviously practicing their poses in the gown make sense. Even gorgeous stars don’t look perfect from every angle.
2. Red carpet ‘wow’ moments are created when a garment is tailored impeccably, said star stylist Anita Patrickson.
3. Stylist Nola Singer, always makes sure the person likes what they are wearing and that they feel comfortable and confident.
Dana Goldenberg agrees, nothing looks worse than someone who looks uncomfortable in their look.
4. Then Sara Paulsen, who is also a contributor to Dazed & Confused, Lula, Oyster, Hero, Heroine and Indie Magazine explained, making someone look red carpet (or wedding party) ready is a team effort and no look is flawless without a great hair stylist, makeup artist or an amazing seamstress. If you do your makeup even on special occasions, do check out TrendSurvivor beauty posts with videos by Lisa Eldridge.
The top Oscar 2015 looks
Rosamund Pike at 2015 Academy Awards in Givenchy Couture
Emma Stone in Elli Saab
Siena Miller in Peter Copping’s Oscar de la Renta
Julianne Moore in Chanel Couture gown with 80,000 white hand painted resin sequins and flowers.
Red Carpet Stylish moments
Jennifer Aniston is wearing a nude Versace gown
5. However, the big secret of having the confidence that will make you fly and land on the best-dressed list of any formal occasion is Shibue No-Line Strapless Panties!
Up to now I used the intimissimi brazilian microfiber panties but this sound even better.
It’s literally a life saver under gowns, tight pants and bodycon dresses.
Natalie Saidi is sure we will say goodbye to panty lines forever!!!
Found the Academy Award Best Dressed Star Secret and I am getting them, ASAP!!!
Red Carpet Inspired Gowns
Images – LA Fashion Judge, Style.com
Have a lovely Day!!!