Black and white, the classic and timeless combination, is once again in the attention of the accessories designers for the Spring 2014 season. The high-contrast color combo appeals to everyone: it’s universally flattering, it can range from elegant to funky, and it’s easy to mix and match with other colors. The non-colors, that were literally meant to be worn together, look great on separates, dresses and coats, but we especially like them on accessories. This way, we don’t risk falling into the trap of a boring look. A pair of black and white shoes will perfect a red dress, while a monochrome bag will make a neon outfit look classy. Here are some of the coolest black and white accessories we recommend for this spring:
1. Comics bag by Nasty Gal. Shaped like a word bubble, this WTF bag is the way to have fun in spring! Wear it with the chain strap on your shoulder, or carry it as a clutch – your party looks will quickly be improved!
2. Chevron watch by May 28th. The perfect casual watch to wear on the weekends and on vacation. Lightweight and minimal, it’s the beginning of any good arm party.
3. Panama hat by Club Monaco. You know the warm season is here when people start wearing white hats! Make yours more sophisticated with a black ribbon, and keep it close on bad hair days.
4. Statement necklace by Carolee. Good over a plain white shirt, and perfect on a red or navy one, this mod collar necklace is eye-catching, yet so easy to wear.
5. Chevron shoes by Nicholas Kirkwood. There’s not much more to say other than oh, my, god. The zig-zag pattern and the rose-gold heel make these pumps the talk of the party.
6. Leather satchel by 3.1 Phillip Lim. A leather and crocodile mix that you’re gonna wear for years to come! The bag would be perfect for work, and you wouldn’t mind carrying it on the weekend either.
7. Polka dot scarf by Tsumori Chisato. Polka dots will never be out of fashion, and cooler spring days will leave wanting a nice scarf. Mix both with this pretty cotton one with tassel ends.
8. Wayfarers by Ray Ban. The perfect way to introduce black and white in your wardrobe, while also protecting your eyes from the spring sun. Chic, easy to wear, and of course, unisex.
9. Cap toe pumps by Saint Laurent. Cap toe pumps are a classic delight, but they look even better in monochrome! They’re pointy and high-heeled, so that you feel like a diva wearing them.
Daria is a fashion enthusiast with a soft spot for vintage style and cats. She also blogs at CelebritySunglassesWatcher.com
Images- edgifyme.com, Style.com
Have a lovely Day!!!
That satchel is beautiful!
All this thought about color for spring, it’s nice to see some fresh and updated black and white looks. Great inspo, I need to try out the chevron pattern! xo
I am loving black and white again…
Black and white is a perennial favourite and I think we can all see why here. Always fresh and stylish. Great suggestions but the polka dot scarf would be top of my shopping list!
I am loving the shoes and the sunglasses… business as usual!!!!