Reading my favorite 26 Coco Chanel Best Quotes from Men to Style to Life I believe will impress and inspire you!
Chanel’s quotes are full of wisdom and wit.
Her sayings are true words of wisdom…. much much more than just a guide to style.
Mariel Reed editor at marieclaire.co.uk explains: At Marie Claire headquarters we often find ourselves posing the question, ‘WWCS (What Would Coco Say)?’
If we’re ever in doubt, we look to the incredible fashion pioneer for some harsh, yet true words of wisdom. Besides being one of the most influential figures in the fashion world, she was also one of the sassiest women in the biz.
26 Coco Chanel Best Quotes from Men to Style to Life
1. ‘Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.’
2. ‘The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.’
3. ‘In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.’
4. ‘You live but once; you might as well be amusing.’
5. ‘Only those with no memory insist on their originality.’
6. ‘Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.’
7. ‘My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.’
8. ‘I imposed black; it is still going strong today, for black wipes out everything else around.’
9. ‘As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!’
10. ‘Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.’
11. ‘I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.’
12. ‘I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.’
13. ‘Fashion changes, but style endures.’
14. ‘A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.’
15. ‘You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.’
16. ‘A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.’
17. ‘Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.’
18. ‘How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.’
19. ‘Gentleness doesn’t get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs.’
20. ‘It is always better to be slightly underdressed.’
21. ‘The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.’
22. ‘Passion goes, boredom remains.’
23. ‘Elegance is refusal.’
24. Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
25. ‘The best things in life are free and the second best are very, very expensive.
26. ‘Fashion is architecture it’s a matter of proportions.’
Which one is your favorite?
Images- whowhatwear.com, Marie Claire
Have a lovely Day!!!