Looking great in your photos can be challenging. Living in the age of smartphones, Facebook and Instagram amazing pictures are a must even if you are not a fashion blogger. Check out some tricks that can help you look photogenic in pictures. A good picture mainly depends on you! Even though the queen of posing is Coca Rocha I used some pictures of one of my favorite bloggers Chiara Ferragni (The Blonde Salad).
1. Practice, practice and practice in front of a mirror and discover your best angles as Tyra Banks would say!
2. You can appear slender in pictures just by stand slightly to the side and twisting towards the camera for a slimming effect.
3. Elongate your neck, then angle your jaw down just a touch.
4. Prepare for the photo shoot like a top model. 🙂 “Get lots of sleep and exercise, drink lots of water, eat good, healthy food – and preferably no salt or alcohol, which makes people puffy.”, says portrait photographer Diana Lannes.
5. Apply more mascara. “Two coats of black mascara on the upper lashes lift the eyes, hiding puffiness,” says celebrity makeup artist Andrew Sotomayor.
6. Use under-eye concealer that’s one or two shades lighter than your skin tone.
7. Turn off the flash.
8. A little glow on the cheekbones can lift the face.
9. Hydrate your skin. Hydrated skin always looks better on camera.
10. Enjoy the moment. Smile!
Images- Chiara Ferragni The Blonde Salad
Have a lovely Day!!!
Very helpful and useful Nina, thanks for the tricks!:) Kisses! xo
Lovely tips Nina, very helpful! Thank you for sharing 🙂
You don’t need these tips Daniella !!!!!!!!!
I wish I read this before a photo taken for a work id today! It must have been the salt indulgence from the farmers market purchase followed by washing everything down with alcohol –I looked like a blow fish!
Haha I think id look terrible whatever you do ….
All so so true. This is such a great piece of advice darling Nina!
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
I usually use the big Celine glasses instead… haha
Great post! I love these tips – Miss Chiara is definitely the dream! <3
and she looks great in all poses haha
Chiara always looks amazing, thanks for the tips! Great post 🙂
Thank you Bella 🙂
Good tips it’s good to know some secrets – Im not usually in the habit of being in pictures 😉
♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
haha just in case you change your mind 🙂
being chiara helps too 😉 takes ages to get used to the camera for me, haha.
hahaha of course
What’s the brand of her glasses on the 1st pic ? Love it!
Hi Pauline, they are the round Miu Miu sunglasses. You can find beige http://rstyle.me/n/fkcicn77e and black http://rstyle.me/~1g1Hx