Do you hate unflattering party pics on facebook? I do! I usually want to press “untag”. It takes practice and a few smart tips to be more photogenic.
One of the most important characteristics of photogenic people is their confidence in their appearance. Coco Chanel said beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
To make sure you look as good in pictures as your in the flesh beautiful self you can follow a few simple steps.
I have watched Americas Next Top Model more times than I wish to admit and I can just hear Tyra saying “Her beauty doesn’t translate on camera”
To help your beauty translate on camera here are 10 TIPS to be more photogenic
1. To avoid a double chin, push your face forward a little bit.
2. Make sure you use the right shade of makeup.
3. Take a look at your favorite pictures of yourself and try to spot a pattern.
4. Make sure your hair is fresh, clean and shiny.
5. To avoid red eye, look toward a light right before someone snaps your photo to shrink your pupils.
6. A couple drops of Visine will make your eyes look brighter.
7. Think about angles.. I can hear Tyra Banks again… three-quarter position looks better on most people.
8. Stand in front of a white wall it will help brighten your face.
9. Wear bright lipstick.
10. Always avoid standing directly under a light. You don’t want weird shadows on your face. Instead, stand facing a natural light source, such as a window, or in a spot where soft light hits your face from the side.
Have a lovely Day!!!